FRP Rain Water Gutters
FRP Rain Water Gutters
Why FRP Rain Water Gutter?
FRP Rain Water Gutter is a Fibre Glass Reinforced UV Stabilised unsaturated polyester resin system composite material consisting of a network of reinforcing glass fibres embedded in a matrix of thermosetting resin which are further reinforced with embedded MS strips at desired spacing to form a single casted tough laminated with smooth glossy finish in desired color for easy & smooth drainage of water. FRP offers unlimited possibilities for shape, profile, size & color and is known for its high resistance to extremes of weather and harsh environmental condition, resistance to corrosion, fumes, chemicals with inherent property of high strength, durability, dimensional stability, light weight, easy to install, maintained, alongwith good aesthetic appeal. FRP Rain Water Gutter duly installed on the existing MS bracket / support member made of MS angle / flat normally at a distance of 500-750 mm depending on the span has load bearing capacity of 300-500 kgs. per r.mtr.
The conventional Rain Water Gutter which have made with 0.5 -0.8 mm thick MS / G.I. Sheet are prone to corrosion under harsh and extreme weather conditions and becomes the weak point for water leakages, damaging capital intensive missionary and affecting the continuous production process resulting in huge losses.
As per above given details it becomes very evident that FRP as a material is best suited for Rain Water Gutter application which is the most critical component of roofing in construction of complete industrial / commercial building. Moreover, Gutter becomes the weak point / link in the whole building which inhouses very expensive machinery beneath it. Hence, no compromise should be made in using cheap / non-standard material in laying of the Rain Water Gutter.
Advantages of FRP Gutter
1. Single casted with no joints: FRP Gutter are casted in one single piece (Monolithically casted) hence leaving no scope for any water, moisture, insects, dusts etc. to seep inside the gutter and pose problem towards maintenance, leakages or bad smell. Only FRP gutter can be made in single piece, unlike M.S., G.I. or asbestos.
2. Maintenance free: FRP gutter are made with inbuilt color, single piece casting and smooth glossy finish hence practically requires no maintenance except for cleaning with plain cloth once in a while or cleaning with soap water. Moreover as the gutter is made with inbuilt color, it has very long live without fading of color and requires no repainting over regular interval, unlike M.S. or G.I.
3. Very long life: FRP as a material is very tough & rigid and resistant to extreme of weather and there is no aging of the material as a result it retains the same luster, strength and rigidity over a very long period, unlike M.S. or G.I.
4. Resistant to weathering & UV exposure as the FRP gutter are UV stabilized.
5. Corrosion resistant: Excellent water and chemical resistance- the gutter is constantly exposed to Water, Factory corrosive fumes and chemicals.
6. Ease of handling: FRP gutter are tough, light weight & scratch proof hence easy to handle, transport & install at site.
7. Ease of installation: FRP gutter is fabricated as per design and shape required and is provided with inbuilt step for ease of jointing at site.
8. Ease of repair: FRP as a material can be very easily repaired at site for any local or major damage, if any & more over repaired area is not visible.
9. Good electrical & thermal properties.
10. Good aesthetic appeal, strength, durability, waterproof & are termite proof.
11. Good dimensional stability at high temperature unlike MS or GI.
12. Can resist very high impact strength, which is evident by its application in various fields of automobiles, railways, boats, aircrafts and defense etc.
13. Excellent Mechanical, Physical and Biological properties.
14. Advantageous strength / weight ratio and rigidity.
15. Molding size virtually unlimited.
16. Considerable design versatility.
17. Choice of wide range of inbuilt color - maintenance free finishes.
18. Fire Retardant-if required.